closeSelect Currency:
US DollarEuroAustralian DollarNorwegian KroneCanadian DollarPound SterlingNew Zealand DollarDanish KroneRandSwiss FrancRussian RubleSwedish KronaUAE Dirham
Forgotten your password?

Customer Login:

Home > Decree Absolute

Decree Absolute

Order UK Replacement Decree Absolute Certificate from us and get 100% peace of mind that your request will be handled by a team of highly trained individuals with utmost professionalism.

What is Decree Absolute / Divorce Certificate?

The Decree Absolute is the final certificate that legally dissolves the marriage. There is often a considerable delay between Decree Nisi and Decree Absolute while financial and childcare arrangements are negotiated.

To finalise a Divorce, Judicial Separation or Nullity, an application needs to be made for a "Decree". In divorce proceedings this is done in 2 stages.

The first stage is known as 'Decree Nisi'. After the partner has returned his or her "Acknowledgment of Service Form" to the court to say he or she does not oppose the divorce the Decree Nisi can be applied for. This is done by completing an "Affidavit" and a "Request for Directions for Trial Form". Both these documents can be obtained from the local County Court.

The court will send a copy of the Decree Nisi. A period of 6 weeks and 1 day must be waited from the date of the Decree Nisi. At this point the 'Decree Absolute' can be applied for which is then rendered as permanent. This is done by sending a 'Notice of Application for Decree Nisi to be made Absolute Form' to the court. This form is also available from the County Court.

What are the uses of Decree Absolute / Divorce Certificates?

If you've been married or in a civil partnership before, you'll need evidence you're free to remarry or enter a new civil partnership. We can help you to get a copy of a divorce Decree Absolute or final order. People may wish to apply for a search of the Central Index for a number of reasons, the most common of which are:

  • To obtain a copy of their decree absolute, if they have lost the original and no longer have a record of the case details
  • To find out whether they have been divorced, following a long separation from their spouse
  • To find out whether a friend or relative has been divorced
  • To help trace a family tree or other historical reasons

How to order Decree Absolute / Divorce Certificates?

By clicking through the link options below, you can order a Decree Absolute. Our team of trained staff will conduct a thorough search which will either yield a positive result (thus, you will receive the Divorce Certificate) or yield a No Trace to confirm that the Decree Absolute has not been granted. In some cases this can also mean that the Decree is at the Nisi stage.